Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hello, It's me!

Wow, has it really been two months since my last post? So much has gone on in two months! All the kids are out of school, summer is in full swing, We got a new computer, we had an empty nest for 5 days (first time in 12yrs!), and I have trained for the breast cancer 3day!

My weight watching has been a constant battle and so far I'm not winning:( I AM going to succeed in this area, I just have to get my butt back in gear and focus. I WILL be fit by 40, mark my words!

My buddy, Stellan,has had a few battles himself but he is doing really well right now and I pray that he stays that way. If your not familiar with his story, you can read about him here.

We are getting ready to venture out of Michigan and heading to Virginia to see my Aunt and Uncle, with my Dad. We have not been to VA. since Matthew was a baby, so we are really excited to show all the kids a place they have not been. Matthew was so small he has no memory of it, so it will be new to him. What I'm really looking forward to, besides seeing my family, is our trip to Washington D.C.. I want to see the Vietnam Memorial more than anything!

Here are some pictures of our summer.


Windmill in Holland



Pony Ride


Father's Day

For the first time in 12 years, all of our kids were gone for a week AT THE SAME TIME!!! Matthew went up north with a friend from church and the girls went to GA camp at Bambi Lake. Marvin was also on vacation that same week so we looked at each other and said "Wow it's quiet around here." We were able to sit together and have nice,quiet dinners, talk with no interruptions,and just get to know each other in peace. We neglected each other when the kids came along because we focus on them, so it was nice to get some quality time together.

So, that's about it for now.

No comments: