Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogging

For the past few days, I have been reading random blogs that I have come across and I have found some of the saddest and heart wrenching things from people, mostly moms, who have gone through difficult times with their children. I continue to read Angie Smith's blog and I am always so touched by the things that she writes about. She has a gift of writing and I enjoy reading her thoughts and admire her strength.

When I was in high school, English was my favorite subject and I really got into writing in my freshman year. I could write stories after stories using my imagination and I loved it. I hoped that it would continue long after school was over, but I got out of the habit. I'm going to try to get back in it. I have, maybe thirty journals that I have started and never got through. I would write daily for a couple of weeks then that would be it. I have yet to complete a full journal!

So, after being inspired to write my thoughts and dreams and goals from the blogs that I read, I am going to start back up my journals. When my kids are older I would like to leave them to them to read so they know all about me and the things that I have gone through. Who knows, maybe they will be writers and journalers too!

1 comment:

punkwad2ru said...

I told you that you were a good writer and you convey your thoughts well on paper. Write a good short story of something on your mind and then send it in to some of them magazines like readers digest or some other one and who knows.... maybe your dreams will come through. What does it hurt to try. And if they don't.... try again.